Licensed Lender Legal Info
Customer Notice: Title and Auto Pawn loan advances should be used for short-term financial needs only, not as a long-term financial solution. Customers with credit difficulties should seek credit counseling. For consumer help, visit the Department of Business Oversight help page.
Loans are made pursuant to Department of Corporations California Finance Lender License.
Discount Title Loans offers title loans in the state of California only. You must be at least 18 years of age.
CA business license #: 603 G874
You can see a list of finance lenders and brokers on the Department of Corporations State of California Finance Lender and Brokers website.
- Please read the California Finance Lenders Law for more information. The requirements for our license are set forth in Section 22100, et seq. of the California Financial Code. The law requires us (applicants) to have and maintain a minimum net worth of at least $25,000 and to obtain and maintain a $25,000 surety bond. In general, principals of the company may not have a criminal history or a history of non-compliance with regulatory requirements.
Tip: How to Protect your Personal Information When Using Online Car Title Loan Companies
- We do not ask for personal information on our website application form- we only take that information over the phone or in person.
- Most loan applications will require borrowers to speak with a representative at some point, whether the application is online or by phone. Although using the online application interface saves considerable time relaying the requisite information to the lender’s representative, a follow-up by phone is almost always required.
- If you choose to apply for title loans online from a competitor, and they ask for personal information, you should verify that the lender is using a secure website. If the security of a car title loan company’s website is unverifiable, it’s best to contact that company by phone to transmit all personal information.
- If you do choose to transmit your information through the lender’s website, make sure that the computer you conduct your transaction on is free from spyware and other malicious software that can transmit details you have keyed in to a hacker or another system online. Using firewalls, anti-spyware, and cleaning your computer of viruses regularly will help protect your sensitive information.